Monday, February 6, 2012

Specialized BG-FIT certification

Thanks to Pacific Bicycle Company for sending me to the specialized headquarters for the specialized BG-FIT certification.
It’s always fun to go down to Morgan Hill California for a week and learn so much about the bike industry. A typical day at specialized starts around 8am no kidding more than half of the company commutes on bikes it’s awesome. Sit through a few hour of class and then it’s time to ride everything shuts down "it’s the lunch ride". Everyone has an hour or more(sunny days) to go out and enjoy a long ride before returning to work until 7 at night. Last February I went to SBCU (specialized bicycle Component University) for product knowledge this time I was there to get my BG-FIT certification, lots of info dumped in such little time, I gain knowledge about bike fitting but also about the human body's anatomy and kinesiology understanding how comfort is power and speed. I brought so much knowledge back to the shop as well as my certification, my first fits went very well and I am so excited to keep helping folks through the BG-FIT system.

This was right after I got fitted to the new 2012 Venge the instructors/ the guys that fitted the Saxo Bank, Quick Step, Astana teams, as well as many other professional riders, were discussing on whether or not I should go lower (drop).
Fit finished I changed frame sizes from a 56 to a 58cm, 62cm reach with a 15cm drop although not mechanically possible on the Venge; we took out all spacers and the stem was resting on the bearings and we could only get a 13cm drop... I was very skeptical of the new changes, but the two hour ride that followed the fit was a dream, no pain or discomfort and I have now recreated that fit on all my bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment