Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cannondale CAAD 10

The first bike to show up this year was my road bike, a Cannondale Caad 10 Dura-Ace; I want to thank Cannondale for such a great bike






It’s a beautiful black anodized aluminum frame with a full carbon fork and wheels, one of the lightest bike I have ever ridden just 15.9 lbs with water bottle cages and XTR mtb pedals. The ride quality is definitely different than the carbon frames I have had in the past, rough; I can feel the differences in asphalts. But man it is fast, corners beautifully, climbs like a dream, so stiff virtually no flex thanks in part to the BB30 frame and crankset. Over all a great bike in just a week I have already put 200 miles on it. Yesterday I went out on a 50mile ride thanks to my BG fit position I had no pain in my lower back, I was relax and cruised a mere 21.3 mph average for the integrity of the ride; mostly flat with rolling hills. I can t wait to get back out and start the serious training!

2 comments:

  1. why dont you ride dura ace pedals? i heard they are twice as fast as mountain pedals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,
      thanks for noticing the pedals, i ride most often mountain bikes and all of my shoes have the same cleats, so that way i dont ever have to look for the matching pair."call it lazy" but that way i can ride any bike with any shoe!

      Delete